Twilight WoW
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Twilight WoW

Where worlds Collide

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Map Addon - Cartographer

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
FMGSSOUL
Head Admin
FMGSSOUL

Map Addon - Cartographer Empty
PostSubject: Map Addon - Cartographer   Map Addon - Cartographer EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 2:38 am

Due to the fact that the world map isnt working right now, I urge everyone to download and use Cartographer for the time being. This is an addon for patch 2.4.x but Enigma and I have been using it with very few problems. This is what WoWHead says about it:

"Cartographer is a modular, lightweight, and efficient framework for manipulation of the world map. While it does indeed feature world map coordinates, it offers many other features, such as waypoints, herb/mineral node tracking, instance loot, and much more. You can opt to disable other included Cartographer_* addons and simply run the Cartographer_Coordinates module with its requirements."

You'll have to check the box to run out of date addons when enabling Cartographer only cuz WoW thinks its old due to the fact its a 2.4 addon. You'll have alot of error messages unless you go to the Interface and disable lua error messages, then you'll just get a warning every now and then that an addon is causing alot of errors and might be slowing WoW down (I just click to ignore it everytime).

If anyone needs help, feel free to post here.

Cartographer Download Link:

http://files.wowace.com/Cartographer/Cartographer.zip

EDIT: Forgot to add a lil insight to what Cart does.

First off it'll uncover the entire map for both Azeroth and Outland. Explore exp isnt working so obviously your not losing anything here.

Second, Cartographer has maps for almost every instance. Dispite the fact player markers dont show on those maps, their still pretty easy to navigate and helpful.

Third, the world map can be resized or turned transparent. Meaning you can run around while the map is up and not have to worry about walking into a tree. On top of that you can create custom marks (notes) on your map and share them with any other players in your party who are using Cartographer. (Enigma and I found this feature pretty sweet).

And finally fourth, most areas will display what instances they have along with the suggested level for those instances if you mouse over them. Being a 2.4 addon though, some areas dont work for squat or they display incorrect instance information so dont bet your life on this feature too much.
Back to top Go down
miamidude401
TG Member
miamidude401

PostSubject: Re: Map Addon - Cartographer   Map Addon - Cartographer EmptyWed Jun 11, 2008 9:32 pm

Nice job.
Back to top Go down
Euthanasia
TG Member
Euthanasia

PostSubject: Re: Map Addon - Cartographer   Map Addon - Cartographer EmptyWed Jun 18, 2008 1:51 am

who doesnt know what that is? lol or who doesnt have it? i had that since it first came out, its a bad ass add on +ownage points!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Map Addon - Cartographer   Map Addon - Cartographer Empty

Back to top Go down

Map Addon - Cartographer
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight WoW :: Twilight WoW :: Genaral-
Jump to: